Golden Jubilee Weekend Singapore
Golden Jubilee Weekend will be between 7-10 August 2015. 7 August 2015 was announced by President Tony Tan to be a Public Holiday so that this Golden Jubilee Singapore can be further extended to allow Singaporeans to celebrate various exciting SG50 programs in our little red dot island. Let’s have fun.
Golden Jubilee Weekend Programs
7 Aug 2015 :
- ComChest Heartstrings Walk 2015 – SG50 Community Heartbeats at Marina Bay
- The Marina Bay area will also host the Families for Life picnics at the Marina Barrage as well as aerial display performances by the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) Black Knights Team
- Those who wish to enjoy some Singapore music by international and local talents can catch the Sing50 concert at the National Stadium on 7 August, 7.30pm – 9.30pm, featuring iconic songs popular with Singaporeans across genres, cultures and communities.
On 8 and 9 August, Sports Hub relives the fun with a mega fun fair for the community to enjoy local games, music and snacks from the past 50 years.
What Are Golden Jubilee Weekend Freebies and Discounts To Public Attractions and Facilities?
From 7 August 2015 to 10 August 2015 ….
- Various museums, heritage galleries and visitor centres will be opened to all for free from 7 to 10 August.
- All special exhibitions at the national museums will also be opened for free, and special activities and programmes will be planned for all to enjoy.
- Science Centre Singapore (SCS) is offering free admission from 7 to 10 August. Its “gated attractions” which are KidsSTOP, Snow City, Human Body Experience, and the Omni-Theatre, will also be open for free.
- From 1 to 31 August, Wildlife Reserves Singapore is offering all Singaporeans
- 50% discount on admission tickets to the Jurong Bird Park.
- Free entry to The Wings of Time night show at Siloso Beach on 7 August, Sentosa Merlion on 8 August, 10am to 8pm, Fort Siloso on 9 August, 10am to 6pm, Cable car rides from HarbourFront Cable Car Station or any of the cable car stations on Sentosa Island on 10 August, 8.45am to 10pm.
- From 7 to 10 August, URA will keep its 3-storey visitor centre open throughout the weekend. The gallery is ordinarily closed on Sundays and public holidays.
- From 7 to 10 August, the Civil Defence Heritage Gallery will also be opened.
- From 7 to 10 August, Singaporeans can also enjoy free access to ActiveSG swimming pools and gyms islandwide.
- On 9 August, free NDP tickets will be balloted for venue at floating platform or padang singapore.
- And the list goes on.
Get NDP Singapore Tickets (Nballoting starts from 8 May 2015)
Happy Golden Jubilee Singapore!
HAPPY NDP 2015