High Speed Rail Terminus Singapore At Jurong Country Club Near Jurong East
High Speed Rail Terminus at Jurong Country Club near Jurong East may surprise many Singaporeans. This breaking new to locate high speed rail terminus singapore at Jurong East over Tuas West and City Center was announced on the 5th May 2015 by both prime ministers from Singapore and Malaysia during annual bilateral retreat. As for Malaysia side, five high speed rail terminus stations were identified earlier namely Kuala Lumpur (at Bandar Malaysia), Seremban, Melaka, Muar, Batu Pahat, Nusajaya and the final stop in Singapore. This high speed rail Singapore to KL could be also further extended to other countries like Thailand, Laos and China.
Facts About High Speed Rail Terminus Singapore At Jurong Country Club
The lease of Jurong Country Club will be ended by Nov 2016 and to be re-developed into mixed use development and community facilities along with the high speed rail terminus. Future developments will include offices, hotels, retail and entertainment facilities, including possible residential development. I would expect there will be many property investment opportunities are coming on the way.
High speed rail terminal Singapore will be developed mainly underground and it will take up approximately about 12 hectares. The exact location of HSR terminus will be 600m away from Jurong East MRT and Jurong Gateway. Two upcoming MRT lines, Jurong Region Line and Cross Island Line which will be completed in 2025 and 2030 respectively be accessible within walking distance from this singapore- KL high speed rail terminus.
Is this better news to the residents or property owners in Jurong Lake District?
- Appreciate the rising value of properties in Jurong Lake District especially those near Jurong East
- Quicker access to Malaysia for either business or leisure reasons
- Greater rail interconnect when Jurong Region Line is operational
- Create further business vibrancy to Jurong Lake District
- At least another 7 years of high speed rail development will provide short term inconvenience such as noise pollution and traffic congestion. This may be fully operational beyond 2022.
- This high speed rail terminus station will have Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) configuration. Security will need to be tightened up to avoid illegal or threatening activities from happening.
For more related high speed rail terminus at Jurong East information,
- Jurong Lake District | Jurong Gateway
- High Speed Rail Singapore Poll as per below image indicates Jurong East has the highest number of votes, i.e. 26 votes or 40% of 65 participants (Thanks to those who casted their voters in this blog. This poll is officially closed on 5 May 2015)